Tuesday 27 July 2010

Do Unto Others ...

Oh joy!

Reports from Westminster that some MPs were so strapped for cash under the new expenses regime that they were dossing down in their offices were, I assumed, apocryphal. Not a bit of it. The Clerk of the House, Michael Jack, has been forced to issue an edict warning that sleeping on the premises is strictly verboten.
And the best bit? To stop the poor, innocent, destitute, borassic souls from dossing in their offices, Jack is invoking the nation's catch-all precautionary leviathan for anything that isn't strictly illegal but which someone, somewhere, doesn't particularly approve of. Yep ... health and safety.

the Clerk if the House has seized on health and safety, pointing out that the Palace of Westminster has no overnight fire marshal cover [...]. He adds: “So, in the event of a fire in the quiet hours, we could not ensure building evacuation, nor could we tell search and rescue teams from the emergency services of anyone trapped in a building
Such a small story, so much schadenfreude.

1) £65k salary, extra living allowance if you're a London MP, a second home if you're not, subsidised food and drink, but you need to sleep in your office? You've got to be shitting me?
2) How are those overweening health and safety regs - which you fuckers inflicted on us - working for ya', boys and girls?

and, of course ...

3) Remember that you're not being banned from a legal activity ... you are merely required to step outside the building to do so. Not much to ask, is it?

The other foot bloody enjoys wearing the boot occasionally.


11 comments:

Captain Ranty said...

Please don't tell me they were expecting pity....

The milk of human kindness dried up at the tit long ago, especially where these pricks are concerned.

Captain Callous.

Peperbarmi said...

Heh heheh,bunch of tossers,jeez I detest our political classes and all their minions,really!,I never knew I was capable of such contempt,its the arrogance and the injustice and death they inflict.Jeeez!.

Im off for a pint!

Oldrightie said...

Peperbami, I never thought I would go down your road but hell's teeth, there is no other track.

Caratacus said...

Those poor, poor souls.

A small tear trickles down my left cheek (as I furtively hide the onion in my handkerchief).

What an absolute cunch of bunts.

Captain Haddock said...

My heart pumps purple piss for 'em ..


As they say in the Russian parliament .. "Toughsky shitsky" ..

And in the Spanish equivalent .. "El tougho shito" ..

Anonymous said...

Um.. I donlt have a fire warden at my house and I live alone. Does H&S say that I have to sleep in the garden?

Dick Puddlecote said...

Glad that you're all expressing the ire here. My keyboard tongue was severely bitten writing that. ;)

Disenfranchised of Buckingham said...

The more MPs suffer due to their own legislation the happier I am.

But will they learn the lesson?

JuliaM said...

This pleases me. Greatly!

Anonymous said...

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh, as they say.

Jay

J Bonington Jagworth said...

OMG - I don't have a fire warden at my house, either! Still, it could solve the unemployment problem...